While Paris is renowned to be a historic city, it has more than museums and landmarks to offer visitors. Paris is home to several cultural events and fairs that are help throughout the year, providing entertainment for both tourists and locals alike. Here is a list of the top five events that are hosted in Paris.
1. Paris Music Festival is celebrated on the 21st of June every year. The festival is held all public places such as parks, local train stations and museums and charges no admission fees. The format encourages experimentation in musical rendition and form while allowing budding artists to showcase their talent.
2. Skates Night – Every Friday night of the year, you can take a free three hour night tour of Paris on skates. The ride is across a 30 kilometre long stretch, with a different route each week. Although security is provided by the police, this activity is recommended for only those with skating experience.
3. Paris Beach is an event that turns the banks of River Seine into a man-made beach in summer. Sand, palm trees, parasols, deck chairs, picnic baskets and mini swimming pools add to the summer fun.
4. Bastille Day in France, marks the storming of the Bastille, the eventual end of monarchy and the birth of a modern nation. The Champs-Élysées and Place de la Bastille offer the best views to enjoy the parades, fireworks and celebrations on this day.
5. Paris Jazz festival is a free summer event held on weekends at Parc Floral, the city’s beautiful botanical garden. Jazz musicians from across the world are invited to perform at these concerts.